Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Colourful Dream...


When I was a kid I love to play with colours while other girls shared their sobs with dolls.
I was surprised to see how a single colour can be split into multi shades.
The way that a colour could denote the light and shadow really impressed me.
My mom feared that I would end up being a poor artist or something.
But I had a different idea.
Though I was hanging around with colours I didn’t want to spend my whole life on canvas.
I thought it is great to be an engineer. Trust me, I don't know why people hate maths.
It was really fun to learn about structures and to do all those mathematical tricks.

But unfortunately I couldn’t cope up with chemical balancing and the organic matter
With the time I realized something was wrong. Finally I was in the correct track.
It was all about ARCHITECTURE…


Architecture is a challenging career, where you have to coordinate material, technology, light and shadow. Therefore you can call Architecture as the art of science and designing.
This is somewhat different than other white collar jobs.
In here you have to find creative solutions for problems of structure, economy and aesthetic effect and to make all those elements work together.

To be an architect you should have to be skilled in both mathematics and arts.
Most of the developed countries select student through aptitude tests which carry questions to evaluate about the basic knowledge about structure and designing.
However in Sri Lanka most of the tests are conducted to test about artistic talent of students as this talent is a main skill that you need to follow this field.
As there are less measures taken down to seek about logical side, most of the students who studied Art subjects at schools are selected for the course.
But it is a sort of less qualified when comparing to architects in other countries.
Therefore it is important to have in your mind, that if you really want to be an architect you should possess the ability to do something creative and to develop that certain project through technical side using your brain tricks.


PS-
If you are wondering what happened to my dream, just ignore. It also faded with the time like most of my dreams
But keep on dreaming my friend, because it is the only hope that gives you the strength
to stand up and move forward in your Life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."
- Laurence J. Peter

A friend always guide you to your destination, without leaving you in darkness...
Here I am, waiting for your precious comment, which gives strength to my writing.