Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life through a glass

I was thirteen, and thrilled as I was starting my teenage.
But I was a kind of more overjoyed with the other news.

Wow I am going to wear spectacles!!!

I really had a dream to wear a pair of glasses one day.
I mean it gives you a great look,
Trust me guys,
Spectacles can give you the look of a “scholar”; even though you are a “troll in studies”.

“Hmmm... Let’s see. Can you read these letters”

The eye surgeon beamed at me.
Off course I could read them all. What did he think of me ha?
A nursery kid or something!!!
I just nodded.

“Don’t panic young lady, everything will be all right!”

and he threw another radiant smile at me.

Everything will be all right.But do they?

A couple of years rolled without even knowing.
I began to realize that something went wrong.
The world was too colourful, and I could see a mixture of colours without seeing a specific colour.
I was having visions those were only seen by actresses on screen when they are about to faint!

Oh my god!
That means I can’t see properly now, even with my glasses.

“May be you had recovered from your eye defect”

said Lishi comforting me with her words.

I removed the glasses and looked back. But I couldn’t see either.
It was only the blurred image of Sithira who was in front of me.

May be your eyes still have the problem but at a better condition than before,Besides you are better with glasses, so no need to be sad about that”

Said Sithira thoughtfully.

Alex, honey don’t worry,
your god mother is still there,somewhere to look after you! :)

“I’m sorry dear, but I think your previous doctor had made a mistake.Well you are not the only one. I met some other patients of him too. He has only thought of money. All of them were not given complete treatments.Don’t worry dear you won’t be completely blind, but you will have to wear this for your own sake”

I tried to smile with that nice, kind hearted lady.

“Thank you doctor”

 I only whispered.

Two large tear drops fell onto my new pair of glasses with rather thick lens.


Billions of people believe on doctors.A patient gives permission to remake his whole life without thinking about the risk, just because of his faith. So it’s the responsibility to take care of patients as the healers are the guardians of life.But what will happen if they run after money and fame???

No comments:

Post a Comment

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."
- Laurence J. Peter

A friend always guide you to your destination, without leaving you in darkness...
Here I am, waiting for your precious comment, which gives strength to my writing.