Monday, July 4, 2011

Name or Fame ??


" Hi, my name is Alexandra "
"What !!!! I'm sorry, may i beg your pardon...but can I know your name again,just to make sure it is....you know , we don't hear such names here often...."

That's a kind of normal thing happens whenever I tell my name to someone !!!
Yeah I know it is weird to have a name like Alexandra in here Sri Lanka.


"Act like a Roman when in Rome "
That means you should have proper name that matches to the community that you live in.Just imagine to have name like PIG as in the book " Martyn Pig "

Every time when someone learn my name,they love to yell it for a few times...
Though I want to give them a stare that could burn him to ashes , I just give them sheepish smile...
< Sometimes you have to bear all those nasty things during life >

Maths was my favourite subject at school,
but i hate when teacher calls out my name as he is a living loud speaker !!!


" ALexxxxxxxandrAAAAAAAAArgh "

"Wow,great now we have Alexandra .... Wonder whether her mom is Cleopatra"

"Hey guys,I feel like Cesar"

Stupid boys are always the same !!!

"You ought to be born in somewhere else,like Europe.... so you wouldn't have much trouble with your name"
said Sithira once.He was my best friend Lishani's brother..
Though he was 3 years elder than me, he knew my situation < or pretended he did >


"ALEX is better for you"
Lishi always tried to make me feel better,


May be it was a mistake to name me like that or may be it was my fate to have a such name :O
but things changed with the time...


" You know dear, I felt something strange about the name "Alexandra" That's why I named you as that Alex.Everybody told me not to, as it is not accepted in an South Asian country and people might laugh at youBut look at you now...So happy to see you in a cheerful mood honey "

she stroked again my hair with a satisfactory smile


Mom how can I tell you that bitter truth ??
I could feel the warmth of my own hot tears rolling down my cheeks...

But I cried no more
I should move on , and the world is waiting for me.


Yeah I am  proud to be ALEXANDRA ,A mystic girl with strange ideas....



2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex. Your site is always pleasant on the eyes. Just a question: were you born in Sri Lanka - are your parents Sri Lankan? - okay that's 2 Qs. from what I'm guessing from reading here, its YES to both... but I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, YES to both
      I'm a pure Sri Lankan, who loves to write in English. I dunno whether I'm doing it well or not.
      It's up to readers to decide it
      But I'm not giving it up!!! [I'm a stubborn child, you know]
      Thanks Steven,
      glad to see you around here<< In my Dreams =)

      Delete

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."
- Laurence J. Peter

A friend always guide you to your destination, without leaving you in darkness...
Here I am, waiting for your precious comment, which gives strength to my writing.