Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time 2 Change

We were excited about moving to another house.
I mean it will be the beginning of a new era!
The new house was located in the hills next to a small stream.
It was well surrounded by chirpy birds that added more colour to the scene.
The view was great and the whole environment was beautiful and calm.
As I got to know it was built in late 80’s.
Everything was perfect except the kitchen was in ruins.
It almost looked like a scene taken from a black & white movie!
There was an old patterned stove to cook using firewood and I think mom will love it as the whole place was covered with soot.

We all wanted to clear the mess at once.
But it took a long time to convince our super-duper idea to dad.
He never knew for what purpose a kitchen is made for?
It’s just a normal thing if you think about men!
Most of them don’t know where their food comes from.
They think even pasta comes directly from trees!

It was the day for the big change in our little old home,
As there were no volunteers dad took the chimney.
He looked like a Dracula after cleaning the dirt inside; covered with a smart suit with soot!
I took in charge of the painting department.
First I applied a coat of acrylic wall fill which covered the damages and made the wall pure white. It was easier than painting the windows, where you have to be more careful not to paint the bars.
It was dad’s idea to pain the place in white.
Actually I’m not a white colour lover but white really gives a place a feeling of free and more space and light. So we used a white wooden paint for the windows too which finally gave a majestic look to the previous old stupid looking kitchen.

Gosh! It looked like Christmas!
Everywhere was covered with SNOW ;)
My glasses were dotted with white paint and my whole body was sprinkled with paint after the mission.
O god I half drowned in Kerosene oil to get them out!
But overall it was a great adventure. Isn’t it?

Once my biology teacher said,

“Collect experiences as much as you can. Sometimes it may be hard. You may face dark moments that you never expect to see them even in Dreams.But don’t forget only these experiences can teach your kids about Life.If not they will get much lazier than their mommies and daddies!"

Well I’m hungry for more.
What about you?
Wanna join the hunt???


2 comments:

  1. Super blog Alexandra! It lives up to its name - dreams. I'm now following you. Love the cool sidebar pics as well. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millions of thanks for your blessings Steven!!!
      Your words gave me courage to make my "Dream".

      Delete

"You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job."
- Laurence J. Peter

A friend always guide you to your destination, without leaving you in darkness...
Here I am, waiting for your precious comment, which gives strength to my writing.